FAQ: Freqent asked questions
Security is strengthened during the control of the personal identification number (PIN code). It is indeed the Total Card itself that checks the PIN code. Cloning of the card is reduced because of the pin encoded on the chip and the way the chip processes transactions.
Not on the existing card. Any time, you want the PIN codes of your Total Cards changed, new cards will have to be generated at the Head Office.
For each transaction, the cardholder has to key in his own pin code. If the driver code and/or mileage entry options were selected, the cardholder will have to ensure these are correctly keyed in.
You can use your Total Cards at more than 400 of our service stations.
You select the combinations of fuels and services depending on each user's needs. Purchases are clearly identified, checked and secured, thanks to cards' and drivers' PIN codes.
- Each card has its own combination of products and services (fuels, car-wash, lubricants, truck-stop or shop)
- Each card has its own ceiling limits for purchases.
- Each card is given a PIN code in order to secure payments.
- Available also are the average consumption reports as well as the anomalies statements.
Our systems can respond to your needs. In each card, you can customize:
- Type of products
- The ceiling limits for the purchase of fuels and/or services
- The PIN code(at time of creation or ordering of card(s))
- The geographical acceptance
- The day and time acceptance
The card holder will be able to pay for the products (fuel and non fuel) as specified on the card application form.
Yes, you have to give to each cardholder their pin codes and the explanation notice.
Fill in a card creation form on the extranet or send it to email@example.com
Contact the Card Admin office on firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to blacklist the card.