HIV / Aids
Totalgaz SA acknowledges the seriousness of the HIV/Aids epidemic and seeks to minimise the social, economic and developmental effects it has on the company and its employees through comprehensive, pro-active HIV/Aids workplace programmes.
Totalgaz commits itself to the following with regard to HIV and Aids:
- HIV-positive employees will be treated justly and humanely;
- HIV-positive employees are governed by the same contractual obligations as all other employees.
- HIV/Aids education and awareness training will be made available to all employees;
- Pre- and post-test counselling services will be provided for employees wishing to be tested or for those who are infected with the virus;
- Totalgaz ensures that, where necessary, affected employees and their colleagues and/or line managers receive appropriate advice and guidance;
- Affected employees are referred to appropriate professionals for medical and/or counselling services;
- Consultation with affected employees in managing their illness will also be ensured.
Persons with HIV or Aids have the legal right to confidentiality and privacy concerning their health and HIV status. Under no circumstances will employees be obliged to disclose their HIV status.