Safety remains a top priority and foundation of our strategy at Total South Africa. We are committed to achieving our safety goal of zero harm and we strive to manage our activities to eliminate incidents, minimise risk and promote excellence in operations performance.
Total South Africa is committed to helping its employees and contractors remain safe at all times. All work carries risks. However, we identify and manage our risks by implementing and reinforcing our 12 Golden Rules (one for each month of the year).
Our commitment and promise which we reinforce with our employees, suppliers, contractors and transporters is that: “Safety for me, for you, for all” and it is based on our 8 priority pillars:
- Safety leadership at all management levels
- Employee engagement
- Stop work authority
- Contract Major Risk Management
- Safety evaluation of general services
- Successful implementation of IMS
- Review Standard Operating Manual for alignment of new legal requirements